Thursday, February 28, 2008

Basil Carrots

I'm not saying that my other posts weren't healthy, but I think that it is time for a vegetable. So I shall post one of my absolute favorites. Basil Carrots. They are so yummy! I made them for supper last night and my brother and I fought over the last few! My Grandma makes them for us a lot, (we got the recipe from her), and they are one of my favorite things to have at her house. Heres the recipe and for the first time a picture!!
Basil carrots with melting butter
Basil Carrots

2 Tablespoons butter
6 medium carrots, thinly sliced on the bias
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon (or more to suit taste) dried basil

Cook the carrots (and drain) some first. In medium skillet, melt the butter, add the carrots. Sprinkle with salt and basil. Cover and heat through, or simmer till carrots are tender. Serves 6.

A mistake I made last night was I waited to cook the carrots till right before supper. So I was getting mad at the carrots for not cooking fast enough. So if you make them, cook the carrots before hand. Then reheat them with the salt, basil and butter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are really yummy!