Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Birthday Cake!!!!



Hi all! I celebrated my birthday this week, which meant I got a delicious birthday cake and something to blog about! Not to mention the presents... This year I wanted an ice cream cake with mint chip ice cream. So I mixed 2 recipes together and came up with a really good cake! And the very first "Dagmar's name the dessert contest". So after you read my recipe please comment with what you think I should call it.

Crush 1 sleeve thing of oreos and 2 Butterfinger bars. Reserve a little of the Butterfinger crumbs to sprinkle on top. Melt 1/4 c. butter and mix it with the crushed oreos and Butterfingers to make the crust. Pack the crust onto the bottom of a lightly greased 9X13 cake pan. Then spread 1/2 gallon of mint chip ice cream on the crust and on top of that put cool whip. Sprinkle the crushed Butterfingers on top for decoration. Freeze until you want to eat it. Enjoy!

12 comments:

Kiwi da Fruit said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Dagmar...... happy birthday to you!
Ooooooooh, that cake looks and sounds AWESOME!!! Put that on my list of foods I want next time we get together!
I'm working on a name for it, expect it tomorrow.
~Kiwifruit

Anonymous said...

Call it: "the Dagmar Delight":-)

Sarah VanRaden said...

First of all, Happy Birthday! How fun to be able to create your own birthday cake creation!

Looking at the green and the crumblys on top, I think you might want to consider some name like The Caterpiller Cuisine or the The Caterpiller Crumble... maybe? :]

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!
Dagmar
That Cake Sounds Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Golden Mint Chocolate Delight

Anonymous said...

Cool cake !!!
I really like it!
Happy b-day,
~ASDEF

Anonymous said...

Death Mint Pie.

Kiwi da Fruit said...

Dagmar, POST ALREADY!!!
~Kiwifruit

Kiwi da Fruit said...

POST!!!

Kiwi da Fruit said...

POST!!!

Kiwi da Fruit said...

POST!!!

Kiwi da Fruit said...

Post, post, post!!!